Dear colleagues and friends
It is with great pleasure that we present to you the 5th edition of Porto International Hip Meeting & Hip Lab Practical Course that we are going to celebrate on June 28, 29 and 30, 2018 at the Ipanema Park Congress Center in Porto and at the Anatomy and Experimental Surgery Center of the Fernando Pessoa University.
The PHM has, for its history, national and international recognition, and PHM2018 seeks to continue to be a reference in the discussion of hip pathology in young adults. In this edition, we incorporate in the Organizing Committee Portuguese doctors of high and recognized prestige like Prof. Paulo Rego (Lisbon), Dr António Figueiredo (Coimbra), Dr Pedro Dantas (Lisbon) and Dr Pedro Silva (Braga).
We seek to provide an educational offer in specific fields of interest, approaching pathologies, their innovative treatments and rapid evolution in knowledge, seeking to meet the expectations of medical specialists, internal physicians and other health professionals, with an interest in the hip disease.
In this Edition we intend to establish clear and measurable objectives:
- Modernize and update the concept and structure of the PHM2018 with Discussion fóruns, video techniques and online streaming
- Improve the scientific quality of the event
- Make PHM a meeting point for all health professionals interested in the theme of the event
With this Scientific Committee, we try to fulfil these objectives and offer a high-level scientific event, with sharing of knowledge and experience, and with the discussion. The knowledge and the improvement of our practices allow more quality and effectiveness in our health care, allowing a better service and more satisfaction for our patients.
Porto, the city that gives its name to the event, hosts the 5th edition of PHM. This city, full of attractions, declared "Best European Destination" opens its doors to all participants to enjoy the stay, inside and outside the doors of PHM2018
Highlight Topics PHM2018
- Femoroacetabular Impingement
- Other hip impingement syndromes
- Greater trochanteric pain syndrome
- Deep Gluteal syndrome
- Hip Arthroscopy controversies
- Sports injuries around the hip
- Extreme Morphological Alterations - Acetabular and Femoral Osteotomies
- Pelvic and acetabular trauma
- Total hip arthroplasty in young patients
Official App PHM2018
Official App for the Porto Hip Meeting. Use this App to browse programme, speakers and general meeting information. Build your own agenda, take notes and keep up to date with news related to the event.
Download in App Store and Google Play Store