FREE PAPER SESSION
INFORMATION REQUIRED FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
Authors need to have the following information readily available when submitting an abstract
- Complete contact information for the presenting author including the research institution.
- Provide the abstract title in full for publishing.
- Submit the abstract text as plain text into a text box located in the online application.
- Please note, graphics and tables are not accepted in the abstract
- The author of the presentation must be registered for the conference. The maximum number of co-authors is 4.
This year, free communications will be presented at the conference in video format. Instead of traditional oral presentations, presenters will prepare and submit prerecorded videos of their presentations. All attendees will have access to the videos of the presentations for review and evaluation before the Congres (May 27 to May 30). This will allow attendees to familiarize themselves with the content beforehand and engage in meaningful discussions during the congress.These videos will be projected during the conference sessions, allowing attendees to view and engage with the content. Presenters will still be required to be present during their scheduled session to participate in discussions and address any questions from the audience. This format offers the opportunity for presenters to deliver their content in a dynamic and accessible manner, while also allowing for flexibility in scheduling and ensuring that presentations can be shared and accessed by all conference participants.
The Abstract Review Committee of the Porto International Hip Meeting 2024 will not have access to any data that could identify the author/s. This ensures anonymity and impartiality in the review process. All submitted abstracts will be anonymized before being evaluated by the committee. The focus will solely be on the content and merit of the abstracts, without any influence from the identity of the authors. This approach helps maintain fairness and transparency in the selection of abstracts for presentation at the conference.
- February 14, 2024:
Call for Abstracts Opens (Free Papers & e-Poster)
- April 22, 2024 (Midnight):
Call for Abstracts Closes (Free Papers & e-Poster)
- April 30, 2024:
Confirmation of accepted Abstracts (Free Papers & e-Poster)
- May 1, 2024:
Call for Video Format Presentations & e-Poster Opens
- May 22, 2024:
Call for Presentations in Video Format & e-Poster Closes
In the Best Free Paper award, the final score will be derived from the sum of evaluations from conference attendees (via the official conference app) and assessments from the evaluation committee as follows:
Evaluation Committee: 80%
Average ratings from conference attendees: 20%.
Will be based on the following criteria:
Scientific Merit (0 – 6)
Originality of project (0-2)
Clinical Usefulness (0-2)
The Evaluation Committee may, at its discretion, grant one or more honorable mentions.
The decision of the Evaluation Committee is not open to discussion.
The award for the Best Free Paper will be presented during the gala dinner of the Porto International Hip Meeting 2024, scheduled for May 31st. Winners will be notified in advance and invited to attend the gala.
Completed the Financial Disclosure Statement and Copyright License Agreement on behalf of the author. These should be completed and uploaded as attachments to your abstract.
Personal Data Protection for the Free Communications Session of the Porto International Hip Meeting 2024:
1. Data Collection: Personal data collected from presenters for the purpose of participating in the free communications session will be limited to essential information such as name, contact details, affiliation, and biographical information. This data will be collected solely for the purpose of managing and facilitating the presentation process.
2. Consent: Presenters will be required to provide explicit consent for the collection and processing of their personal data for the aforementioned purposes. By submitting their presentation materials and agreeing to participate in the session, presenters consent to the use of their personal data as outlined herein.
3. Data Storage: Personal data collected from presenters will be securely stored and managed in accordance with applicable data protection laws and regulations. Measures will be implemented to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, or alteration of personal data.
4. Data Use: Personal data collected from presenters will be used solely for the purpose of organizing and facilitating the free communications session. This may include communication with presenters regarding session logistics, scheduling, and other related matters.
5. Data Sharing: Personal data collected from presenters will not be shared with third parties without prior consent, except where required by law or authorized by the presenter. Any sharing of personal data will be conducted in compliance with applicable data protection regulations.
6. Data Retention: Personal data collected from presenters will be retained only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, unless otherwise required by law. Upon conclusion of the free communications session, personal data will be securely deleted or anonymized.
7. Data Access and Correction: Presenters have the right to access, correct, or request deletion of their personal data held by the conference organizers. Requests for access or correction should be submitted in writing to the designated data protection officer.
8. Data Security: Appropriate technical and organizational measures will be implemented to ensure the security and integrity of personal data collected from presenters. This includes encryption, access controls, and regular security assessments.
9. Data Breach Notification: In the event of a data breach involving personal data collected from presenters, affected individuals will be promptly notified in accordance with applicable data protection laws and regulations.
10. Compliance: The conference organizers are committed to complying with all applicable data protection laws and regulations, including the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and will continuously monitor and update their data protection practices as necessary.
By participating in the free communications session of the Porto International Hip Meeting 2024, presenters acknowledge and consent to the collection, processing, and use of their personal data as described herein.